Greenpeace International Global IT unit is seeking a talented User Experience Designer to join our new and growing web development team. The Global IT unit provides Global IT services to national and regional offices across Europe, the Americas, Asia & the Pacific and Africa.
This is a full-time position, based in Eastern Europe, Greece, Spain and The Netherlands.
As a User Experience Designer, you will be an ambassador for design best practices and usability standards within the global Greenpeace web community.
Are you passionate about exploring and solving complex problems through design? This position is a unique opportunity for you to lead the redesign of Greenpeace flagship website.
Your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Conducting user research: including survey, interviews, focus groups and usability testing;
- Defining personas, user stories and workflow to represent user experience design ideas;
- Creating prototypes and interface mock-ups to demonstrate product design ideas;
- Iterating on design and prototypes based on team and user feedback and data;
- Leading the design discussions around new features and changing requests with the end users, the stakeholders and the team;
- Defining user acceptance test scenarios in collaboration with the team;
- Gathering analytics data, conduct A/B tests, define KPIs to enable data driven design decision and measure progress;
- Promoting exceptional design across the organization.
Skills and qualifications required
- Bachelors or Masters degree in design (e.g., graphic, product, interaction, visual communications), human-computer interaction, software engineering, or equivalent practical experience is required
- 5+ years of experience as a user experience or product designer working on large-scale multilingual applications or websites.
- Proven track record of shipping successful international software products or websites
- A diverse portfolio demonstrating good aesthetic judgment, strong foundation in information hierarchy and attention to detail, as well as excellent use of typography, colour and imagery
- In-depth knowledge and experience with prototyping tools such as Sketch, Axure or Adobe CS
- Experience designing for multiple device types and contexts (desktop, mobile, emails)
- Experience conducting user research: interviews, focus group, usability testing sessions, card-sorting exercises etc.
- Experience producing UX deliverables: personas, user flows, wireframes, user stories, etc
- Ability to build/re-use a style guide to define a common visual language
- Excellent communication skills: Must be fluent in English (both verbal and written), an additional language is an advantage
What we offer:
- Being part of a stimulating, challenging international organisation committed to protect the planet
- Being a member of a fun and dedicated IT team, all striving to reach the same goals and supporting each other along the way
- An annual salary in line with an NGO
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organisation. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You should not include these details or a photo in your application. The only requirement is that you are already legally allowed to work in one of the listed countries.
Want to join us? We would like to meet you! Please apply with your CV, cover letter containing a link to your portfolio.
Your portfolio should contain at least 5 pieces of your best work and provide a clear overview of your design process, with a short description explaining the scope of the project, your role and contributions to it, as well as one challenge you faced and your proposed design solution.
Please note that the deadline for applications is the 30th of April 2018 at 23:59(CEST)!
Do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment team, should you have any additional questions about this vacancy or the recruitment process.
For more information about our Diversity and Inclusion practices, please click here.
Please note: In order to aid to a fair recruitment process, we will only consider applications submitted via our website.