The Global Programme Office at Greenpeace International is seeking a Special Projects Manager for the identification, design and implementation of cross-programme initiatives to ensure top-quality and purposeful information management and improving/embedding systems for collaboration.
You will strengthen the skills, tools and best practices of individuals and teams, who are leading our global campaign projects around the globe through partnerships, working with relevant functions across Greenpeace International and at Greenpeace National/Regional Organisations. You will lead initiatives working with all relevant stakeholders to deepen, sustain and embed the implementation of project management tools, campaign pitching, calendarisation systems and other process architecture to enable the delivery of distributed campaigning.
The Special Projects Manager collaborates closely with the Resource Strategist and with the Programme Development Manager within a multifunctional Global Programme Office, whose remit is to lead change management processes and deliver cross-programme coordination to support Global Programme strategy and impact.
Core skills for this position include essential change management experience, proficiency with Smartsheet and strong project management skills. You should feel comfortable working with software development (however no coding skills are required).
It is a full time position for which we offer a 1 year contract initially. Location is flexible and can be negotiated during the recruitment process, although it must be in a country with an established Greenpeace Office and, ideally, overlapping working hours with Central European Timezone (CET). Because remuneration is dependent on location, this can be discussed during the application process.
What your duties will be:
- Deliver change management processes to adjust ways of working and identify, design and manage the execution of cross-programme projects which will embed qualitative information management and improved systems for collaboration.
- Monitor progress, track risks and dependencies, and maintain alignment across the project to manage stakeholder needs, expectations and budgets, by using the most relevant project management practices and tools.
- Report on performance plans to all relevant stakeholders while working closely with the Impact Evaluation Team in the Global Programme Office and other Greenpeace International stakeholders to enable integration where relevant.
- Actively contribute to embedding collective understanding of our project methodologies, processes and standards while supporting the wider mandate to manage, deliver or evaluate programme-wide projects or initiatives.
- Be responsible for maintaining and improving regular internal communication as necessary and handle stakeholder relationships, ensuring a can-do and integrated approach across the global programme.
- Manage systems and skills development for collaboration with all relevant stakeholders to ensure Smartsheet Project Management templates are fit for purpose to deliver the Global Programme.
- Work closely with all relevant stakeholders to improve global tools and proactively develop new dashboards, reports and workflows to support Global Programme campaign projects.
- Proactively improve project management practice and principles at Greenpeace through acting as an interface for users at Greenpeace National Regional Organisations and within Greenpeace International to provide support to global projects and leaders.
- Develop collaborative relationships with e.g. IT, and Learning and Development to maintain alignment of project management tools and project management training programmes, taking initiative and proactively supporting the Programme Development Manager and Head of Global Programme Office to manage misalignment.
(A full job description is available upon request)
What we are looking for:
- Excellent project management skills (e.g. PRINCE 2, Agile), and demonstrable ability to transfer those skills to colleagues and to a wider network.
- Nuanced understanding of change management principles (e.g. ADKAR) and experience leading cultural or behavioural shifts at scale, with preference given to international/multi-country organisation.
- Proven ability to build relationships, collaborate and negotiate with diverse stakeholders.
- Track record of innovation, self-motivation and being able to collaborate productively in multicultural teams across time zones and in virtual settings.
- Ability to prioritise and manage tight, competing deadlines and high levels of stakeholder interest.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent written and spoken English, with an additional UN language viewed favourably.
- Curiosity, drive and flexibility.
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
If you meet this criteria and wish to join our small and diverse team, please send your CV and letter of motivation here. Deadline is 30th September 2019.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
For additional questions about the vacancy or the recruitment process, you can contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com.