The International Development Department at Greenpeace International is seeking a Senior Insights Manager to join its team.
Do you meet the following criteria?
- Innovative with proven ability to problem solve (out of box thinking - practical)
- Analytical mindset and able to translate complex information to a lay audience
- Able to work independently / flexible / detail focused.
- Have strong communication skills both written and verbal
The purpose of this role is to bring the Insights Management of the International Development Department to the next level - thus enabling the Department to fulfil its role of keeping the Greenpeace global federation together and stronger, by ensuring the continual growth and development of individual National Regional Organisations (NRO’s).
In this role, you will collaborate closely with the International Development Office staff and other Insight functions within the International Organisation. It is a full time position offered for 1 year with the possibility of an extension. Geographic location is flexible and it has to be in a country with an existing Greenpeace organisation (subject to their agreement), with preference for candidates already located in the Southern hemisphere.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Manage the design, development, coordination and implementation of innovative data management systems as well as disseminating data collection (quantitative and qualitative) - taking ownership over data integrity. This will also include being adept to understanding and defining users needs, features and functions and developing relevant data models.
- Analyzing and interpreting trends and performance and formulating reports (supported by data and relevant analysis) in line reporting procedures, (for audits and reviews.) and offering insights and recommendations to the International Development Director (IDD), the Head of International Development Office (HIDO) and Greenpeace International (GPI) leadership.
- Producing user documentation consisting of training materials, manual updates and other communications while working closely with product development, technology and internal units
- Act as the gatekeeper for KPIs and their agreed definitions to ensure its relevance
- Develop and implement technical digital solutions / systems while collaborating with Global IT to identify necessary tools needed
- Establishing good working relationships with internal / external colleagues and stakeholders, to facilitate cooperation and knowledge exchange and to represent the organization’s interests, implementation and alignment of policies and initiatives
(A full job description is available upon request)
What we are looking for:
- At least 5 years of experience in Data Analyst roles using programmatic analysis technologies and methodologies. Ideally, 3 years experience of presenting insights at Strategic Director Level.
- Preferred post graduate qualification (eg, Masters level) in Finance, Economics and/or International Business or a related field with a significant research and modelling component or equivalent to diploma and/or other courses/training relevant to the job.
- Expert level understanding of data analytics, engagement data types and appropriate KPI’s.
- A deep understanding of business intelligence tools and architecture development, business objects or similar reporting tools, databases, programming languages such as Visual Basic, SQL language and/or Python.
- Mastery of spreadsheet software and similar analytical software. Ability to organize and work with large sets of data.
- Analytical knowledge of database structures (e.g. Salesforce) and designs including Extract Transform and Load (ETL) process automation.
- High level of expertise in planning, accountability and performance evaluation, including deep understanding of modelling data and its integration.
- The ability to translate data conclusions into actionable recommendations and to communicate the conclusions of complex data analysis to non-expert audiences.
- Fluency in written and spoken English;
- Good leadership, interpersonal and communication skills. Specifically, good facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Experience in working with multicultural senior staff and teams and across borders.
- Methodical, well organized and able to manage short time frames and competing priorities.
Because remuneration is dependent on location, this can be discussed during the application process
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
To apply for this role, you may submit your CV and motivation letter here. The deadline for applications is 14th August 2020 at 23h59 CEST.
For additional questions about the vacancy or the recruitment process, you can contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.