Greenpeace International is seeking a Media & Digital Analyst for a project position offered for 1 year.
In this role, you will develop the monitoring, listening and impact analysis capabilities of our global campaign work.
As a Media and Digital Analyst, you will help improve how Greenpeace International tracks and collects media data across multiple online platforms, conduct advanced analysis and produce actionable information to inform specific campaign needs and help build our organisational capacities through the creation of standards, process and staff development. The Insights team is globally distributed with members working remotely.
It is a full time position and may be based at any Greenpeace Organisation (subject to agreement ) with preference for candidates already based in the global south.
Some of your duties will include:
- Contribute to the development and realisation of programme & engagement strategies by advising on monitoring and analysis tools & methodologies, provide support to Greenpeace National & Regional Organisations (NRO's) using media and social analytics, and advise throughout the global campaign planning process on relevant technologies.
- Manage knowledge and inform of best practices to foster innovation and facilitate expertise transfer and development to NRO's as well as coach and mentor various key NRO practitioners.
- Facilitate and oversee contractors, facilitate the hiring, commissioning and delivery of work by Analyst freelancers as needed.
- Performance Monitoring, Dashboarding & Reporting of global social media channels, websites and media output by producing standardised reports and working closely with the Insights Manager to motor strategies.Work with Critical Incident Management Team (CIMT) to monitor emerging conflict and crisis situations.
- Tool and vendor management of specific tools such as (ie. Talkwalker, Hootsuite, Fanpage Karma) and basic maintenance of monitoring platforms.
We believe someone would excel in this role if they have:
A minimum of 3 years experience in either:
Working as Media Analyst, Social Media Analyst, Digital (web) Analyst, International Media Planner or Buyer
Academic background in media or communication studies with a focus on either international communication or environmental communication in combination with working experience in the above named fields
As part of a campaign team with a strong focus on analytics and individual has a strong aptitude and interest in analytics
An expert level understanding of 1, and ideally 2, of the following domains:
- Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager
- Social media Insights; including deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram
- Boolean Logic or professional understanding of media & social media monitoring
- Fluent in written and spoken English
Desirable skills and experience:
Note: A strong candidate will meet the necessary criteria above and possess 2-3 of the below skills or experience.
- Experience with our tool stack:
- Talkwalker, Hootsuite, Fanpage Karma, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Data Studio, Bit.ly, Tableau and/or equivalent products
- Professional understanding of media monitoring (eg. boolean search construction) best practices, including qualitative media analysis (eg. framing analysis)
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and their metrics
- Understanding of national and regional media and social media landscapes in a variety of geographies, preferably North America, Europe, East Asia and/or Africa.
- Experience with network analysis using applications like Gephi to analyze online news or social media.
- Project management or change management experience
- Experience designing and running trainings (in person or video conference), ideally cross-cultural
- Understanding of Natural Language processing and applications (Sentiment analysis etc)
- Programming skills in SQL, Python or R
- Experience with application of API’s (Eg. Facebook, Twitter or Google Analytics )
- Experience in working effectively to very tight deadlines and under stressful conditions.
- Fluent in a second language, preferably French, Spanish, Cantonese, Mandarin or Arabic
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
If you wish to apply for this role, you may submit your CV and motivation letter here. The deadline for applications is 30th November 2020 CET at 23h59pm.
For additional questions about the vacancy or the recruitment process, you can contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.