As a Media and Digital Analyst, you will help improve how Greenpeace tracks and collects media data across multiple online platforms, conduct advanced analysis and produce actionable information to inform specific campaign needs and help build our organizational capacities through the creation of standards, process and staff development.
The Insights team is globally distributed with members working remotely.
We welcome applicants from any region, but will favour individuals working from time zones where standard working hours strongly overlap with our Communications Hubs (Americas, APAC (Hong Kong) and EMEA).
It is a full time position and applicants must be willing to work flexible hours.Your main duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Performance Monitoring, Dashboarding & Reporting of our campaign work
- Conduct and communicate several types of quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Work in conjunction with the Critical Incident Management Team (CIMT) to monitor and analyze emerging conflict and crisis situations.
- Support Skills Development of Greenpeace Analyst Community
- Media & Social Media Tool Management
What we are looking for a minimum of 3 years experience in (one below - not all three):
- Working as (Social) Media Analyst, Digital (Web) Analyst, International Media Planner or Buyer OR
- An academic background in media or communication studies with a focus on either international communication or environmental communication in combination with working experience in the above named fields OR
- As part of a campaign team with a strong focus on analytics and individual has a strong aptitude and interest in analytics
And in addition to the above an expert level understanding of 1 of the following domains -
- Google Analytics or Google Tag Manager OR
- Social media Insights; including deep knowledge of Facebook, Twitter & Instagram OR
- Boolean Logic or professional understanding of media & social media monitoring
Desirable Skills and Experience
A strong candidate will meet the necessary criteria above and possess 2-3 of the skills or experience listed below:
- Experience with our tool stack: (Talkwalker, Hootsuite, Fanpage Karma, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Data Studio, Bit.ly and/or equivalent products)
- Professional understanding of media monitoring (eg. boolean search construction) best practices, including qualitative media analysis (eg. framing analysis)
- Deep understanding of social media platforms and their metrics
- Understanding of national and regional media landscapes in a variety of geographies, preferably North America, Europe, East Asia and/or Africa.
- Experience with network analysis using applications like Gephi to analyze online news or social media
- Project management or change management experience
- Experience designing and running trainings (in person or video conference), ideally cross-cultural
- Understanding of Natural Language processing and applications (Sentiment analysis etc)
- Programming skills in SQL, Python or R
- Experience with application of API’s (Eg. Facebook, Twitter or Google Analytics Experience in working effectively to very tight deadlines and under stressful conditions.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and second language, preferably French, Spanish, Cantonese,Mandarin or Arabic
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.Greenpeace International is looking two Media and Digital Analysts to support the work of the global Insights Team in the development of monitoring, listening and impact analysis capabilities of our global campaign work.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognize and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organization and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic and would like to invite you especially to apply!
You can apply here. Deadline is 10 January 2019.
For additional questions about the vacancy or the recruitment process, you can contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com.