The Political & Business Unit of Greenpeace International would like to offer a paid internship to a suitable candidate who will be able to support our Global Climate Political Task Force in its work.
It is a full time internship for a period of six months and will commence on 19th February 2019.
You will be working within a global team of experienced environmentalists and climate political experts, and will have the chance to develop and execute a jointly agreed project. Reporting to the Project Manager and the Task Force Leader, the work experience is primarily administrative/ logistical in nature, e.g., note-taking (in English); general meeting support; updating of documents and project plans; information management, synthesizing and sharing, as well as a wide-range of ad hoc requests.
The work is mainly office based - in Amsterdam - but also occasionally on location, joining and supporting international meetings, mainly internal, so you must be willing to travel; subsistence costs will be covered when you travel.
For an applicant to be eligible for an internship they have to have graduated less than 1 year at the start of the internship or be currently enrolled.
Required skills and competencies:
- A degree in International Relations, Political Science, or other relevant subject
- Knowledge of/ experience in the area of International Climate Politics
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages are an advantage
- IT proficiency: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), Google mail and related applications, Prezi, video conferencing tools, etc.
- Experience with the multilateral climate fora and processes desirable
- Event management experience a plus
- Multicultural competence and understanding of and commitment to diversity
- ‘Can do’, flexible approach, friendly and people-focused, even when working in a fast moving, sometimes chaotic environment
- Comfortable with working remotely
- Proactive, attention to detail
- Efficient in producing clear meeting notes in English
- Identification with Greenpeace goals and values
- Ability to act with discretion, and respectful of confidentiality
Internships are full-time positions (40 hours per week) for a period of three to six months. Remuneration is by a modest monthly contribution towards cost of living of €400 for those already resident in the Netherlands, and €800 for non-residents. Unfortunately, due to legal constraints, we can only accept candidates who have a student and/or work and/or residency permit for the Netherlands. All interns are required under Dutch law to take out a standard private health insurance in the Netherlands. We unfortunately cannot contribute towards relocation or any costs, other than those above mentioned, in relation to required travel during your placement.
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
Applications must be in English, and must consist of a cover letter of not more than 1 page and a CV of not more than 1 page
In addition, applications must include confirmation that you have a student and/or work and/or residency permit for the Netherlands.
If you meet the criteria, you may apply here. Deadline is 10th December 2018.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognize and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organization and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic and would like to invite you especially to apply!
Please contact our recruiter at email@example.com, should you have any additional question about this internship.