Greenpeace International (GPI) is seeking a driven International Finance Director to join, manage and lead its diverse International Finance Unit.
This is a full-time opportunity, to be based in Amsterdam.
Are you a compliant, accountable and creative leader who is able to lead and manage the development, execution and delivery of the Finance goals, strategies and policies across GPI and the global Greenpeace organisation?
If you are ready for a challenge and think you have what it takes, then see if you match the following:
- Lead, manage and develop the Finance department and staff through effective performance objective setting, reviews, coaching and training;
- Contribute to the development and realisation of the overall organisational strategy and the GPI strategy from own functional discipline;
- Lead the development and execution Finance strategy policies, plans, budgets and practice and policies are effectively aligned with and enabling the overall Greenpeace strategy;
- Ensure accountability, control, transparency and compliance with internal policies as well as relevant legislation and regulations;
- Translate the global Greenpeace and GPI strategy in a 3 years Global Resource Plan and annual GPI budget that support and enable these strategies;
- Lead the Finance community and ensure the delivery of high quality and timely global Finance support and services to all National and Regional Offices and other Greenpeace entities
- Ensure the improvement and adaptation of the most effective Finance strategies, policies and initiatives to enable accountability both internally and externally;
- Provide financial monitoring and reporting to budget holders, management, Board, Board Audit Committee and externally to support and ensuring decision making, provide transparency and enable evaluation and learning;
- Lead the development and implementation of integrated risk management globally and in GPI and provide annual reserves analysis at global and GPI level to inform decision making on reserves levels needed;
- Ensure a fit between organisational culture with goals and strategy by promoting a high performance learning and collaborative culture and transparent communication processes in the finance team;
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with diverse colleagues and stakeholders within as well as outside of the Greenpeace organisation.
What we are looking for:
- An educational background in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Management
- 10 years+ of relevant working experience, of which minimal 7 years in a relevant senior financial management-leadership experience, preferably in a global organisation
- Experience in working with multicultural senior staff and teams across borders
- A proven track record of bringing about significant positive changes in a leadership position operating in a multi-culturally diverse environment
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and project management skills
- Experience in building effective teams
- Excellent negotiation, communication, presentation and management skills
- Experience in operating strategically in fast changing environments
- Excellent communication skills: Must be fluent in English (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment, handling tight deadlines in stressful conditions
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organisation. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You should not include these details or a photo in your application.
Do you have what it takes to be our International Finance Director? We would love to meet you!
Applications must be addressed to Sjoerd Kooistra email@example.com, stating GPI-IFD/+your surname in the subject line.
To apply for this role, attach your CV (in English) and a motivation letter (one page) that summarises how your profile aligns with the key requirements, skills and abilities of this role.
We would advise all internal Greenpeace Applicants to mention that they are currently a Greenpeace Staff in their Cover Letter.
The application deadline for this vacancy is the 3rd of July at 23:59 (CEST).
Do not hesitate to contact our Recruiter, should you have any additional questions on the above.