The Global Learning and Development team at Greenpeace International is seeking an Instructional Design Intern to assist with designing and developing effective online learning solutions. This can range from assessing and improving existing eCourses to the design and development of materials for Blended Learning programs in Greenpeace.
This internship is full time (40 hours per week) and you must be based in Amsterdam. The proposed starting date for the internship is September 1st for a period of 3 to 6 months.
Please note internships fine print below
Your duties will include:
- Creating engaging learning activities and compelling course content on and for our in house LMS
- Working with subject matter experts to identify target audience’s training needs, and co-design learning solutions to meet identified needs as directed by the Instructional Designer
- Setting instructional end goals and create content that matches them
- Visualizing instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product
- Analyzing and applying trends and best practices in learning technologies and instructional design
- Providing exercises and activities that enhance the learning process
- Creating supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc.)
- Devising modes of assessment, such as tests or quizzes, to measure the effectiveness of the course
- Maintaining project documentation and course folders
What we are looking for:
- Studying or recently graduated at Instructional Design, Education Science, or related relevant study
- Comfortable in working in a fast-paced multicultural and multilingual environment
- Fluent written and spoken English required. Written and spoken Spanish, French, German, Arabic, Mandarin or any other language considered a plus
- Knowledge of contemporary, participant focussed, learning theories (like 70-20-10) and instructional design models
- Visual design skills (Dreamweaver, Photoshop, Illustrator) preferred
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio and video scripts
- Video editing
- Commitment to Greenpeace mission and values
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
The Fine Print
Please note that we can only accept interns who have the right to reside and work in the Netherlands.
An Internship is intended for students or recent graduates who have completed their studies within the last twelve months.
Interns residing within/up to a distance of 150 km from the office in Amsterdam are entitled to 400 euros net as monthly stipend. Interns residing beyond 150 km from the office are entitled to 800 euros net as a monthly stipend.
Internships are full-time positions (40 hours per week) for a period of three-six months.
You may apply by sending your CV and letter of motivation here. Deadline is 23rd August 2019
If you have any questions regarding this internship, please contact email@example.com.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment, of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and would like to invite you especially to apply!