Do you love communicating complex data in a highly visual and actionable way? Do you have a passion for problem-solving and analysis and the ability to organise and work with complex sets of data? Are you a master of SQL, Tableau, spreadsheets or similar analytical software?
Greenpeace International is looking for an Insights Analyst to join our international team of data experts and contribute to Greenpeace’s vision of being a truly data-informed organisation.
Greenpeace couldn’t exist without the support of millions of people from around the world. 'People-powered' campaigning, engaging and working alongside others, is key to Greenpeace's mission to create change.This role will work closely with the Senior Insights Analyst to develop deep knowledge about our audiences (donors, on- and offline activists, volunteers) and help drive insights into strategy. It demands flexibility, proactivity and the ability to balance priorities, both individually and as part of the wider organisation. In exchange, it will also provide lots of opportunities for development, including new systems and tools, and working with different types of engagement data and projects across our network of over 50 countries.
Are you someone who:
- is an effective communicator and is able to work collaboratively in a culturally diverse environment
- has the ability to develop ad hoc tools for analysis
- has strong data visualisation skills, can formulate insights, champion them and drive them into action
- a good understanding of marketing / engagement processes and relevant KPIs is desirable
- has analytical knowledge of database structures and designs or a willingness to learn
- is excited about learning and the opportunity to develop their technical skills with a supportive team
This full time role is offered for a two year fixed term contract, which requires working closely with our global team who are dispersed across world time zones.
You may be based in any country with an existing Greenpeace Organization (subject to agreement) .We are flexible on location, with preference for candidates already based in Mexico, South Africa, Philippines and Hungary. As remuneration is dependent on location, this will be discussed during the application process. *You may be required to initially work remotely due to the current COVID situation
What we are looking for:
While we acknowledge that some candidates may not be an expert in all aspects of this role, we encourage candidates with the following experiences or skills to apply:
- At least 4 years experience in a Data Analyst role with experience in *complex data work and associated technologies (Complex meaning either - large data volume, wide data type variety, velocity of data, or managing automated data pipelines/workflows)
- At least 2 years experience contributing to the monitoring of growth, engagement, communications or mobilisation strategies
- Knowledge of Business Intelligence Systems
- Mastery of spreadsheet software (i.e. Excel) and similar analytical software and the ability to organise and work with large datasets.
- Intermediate experience in at least one data analysis programming languages: Visual Basic, SQL, R and/or Python
(A job description is available upon request)
.Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning network that acts to change attitudes and behaviour, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace. It comprises 27 independent national/regional Greenpeace organisations in over 55 countries [across Europe, Africa, the
Americas, Asia and the Pacific] as well as a co-ordinating and supporting(*) organisation, Greenpeace International [, based in Amsterdam, the Netherlands].
As part of this recruitment process, you may be asked to complete a task. To apply for this role you may submit your CV and motivation letter here. The deadline for applications is 1st November 2020 at 23h59 CET.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic
For additional questions about the vacancy or the recruitment process, you can contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org