Ever wanted to be a key player in a creative, challenging and exciting project? Do you want to see the tangible outcomes of your work across the world? Are you a passionate coordinator with web experience? Keep on reading!
You may have noticed that greenpeace.org has had a complete overhaul, based on a strong new concept and a phenomenal new look. The tool that powers this new website is called Planet 4 (or P4). It is Wordpress-based, and was crafted not only to be just another website, but also a tool to make people ACT and change the world with Greenpeace.
Not only is the website innovative, our approach is innovative as well, as it has been created as a full open project. And with our new concept we aim to change the way people do online activism, by providing engagement options far beyond the "classic" opportunities (sign the petition, share, sign-up for alerts, volunteer, etc.). Leveraging technology, Planet 4 will allow contextualization of individual actions in global perspectives, personalization of content, online / offline challenges and empowerment of each supporter who wants to take action NOW. Your role is to support the deployment of this platform.
Over 2018 and 2019, Planet 4 will have to be implemented across 25/30 Greenpeace offices around the world. As an Implementation Coordinator, you will help with the high number of deployments that must happen before the decommissioning of the existing content management system (CMS), Planet 3 (or P3).
Serving as a liaison between the Greenpeace offices and the International team, you will work with people from all timezones, cultures, skills and backgrounds, get the chance to experiment and innovate, grow personally and professionally, and do something for the planet.
This is a full-time opportunity for a period of 1 year, to be based in Amsterdam only.
Here is our challenge to you:
- Implement project controls and tracking mechanisms to ensure effective and efficient delivery
- Support operational readiness and deployment
- On-board regional office teams and assist in recruitment and allocation of tasks
- Gather regional office requirements for integration with the global solution
- Assist in user story writing
- Manage alignment between global roadmap and local needs
- Support the review and migration of web content
- Coordinate integration and acceptance testing
- Produce and maintain supporting implementation documentation
What we are looking for:
- B.Sc. in a computer science, business administration or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience as a Project or Implementation Coordinator in technology or technology related projects
- Significant experience in handling multiple, distributed projects
- Excellent ability of tracking progress (and mastering of tracking processes and tools)
- Experience in implementations of Content Management Systems (CMS). Any WordPress-based project experience is a strong plus.
- Experience in analysing user requirements
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience of working in an international and culturally diverse environment
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our organisation. We do not discriminate on the basis of ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. You should not include these details or a photo in your application. The only requirement is that you are already legally allowed to work in one of the listed countries.
Interested? We would like to meet you!
Please apply via the website with your CV and Cover Letter in English, before the 28th of February 2018 at 23:59 (CET).
Contact our Recruiter on firstname.lastname@example.org, should you have any additional questions about this vacancy or on this recruitment process.
Please note: In order to aid to a fair recruitment process, we will only consider applications submitted via our website.