Greenpeace International is seeking a part time Receptionist for 2 days a week (ideally, Mondays and Fridays) 16 hours per week.
You will be required to work from our office* situated at Ottho Heldringstraat Amsterdam. (Greenpeace International has several safety measures in place related to COVID-19, in order to maintain a safe working environment for staff. This includes personal protection equipment (PPE) and guidelines for staff and visitors)
*(Please note that working from the office may change to interim remote working due to the COVID situation)
You'll be working with a small fun team in an inspiring International environment. The reception holds a central place in the office: it's where visitors are received and where Greenpeace International staff comes when they have internal questions and Facility related requests.
Tasks of the receptionist are:
- Answering and connecting calls from supporters and suppliers
- Assisting Greenpeace International staff with sending post and arranging courier services when needed (eg Ship spare parts to the fleet)
- Helping with facility related requests staff and visitors may have
- Assisting Greenpeace International staff with booking accommodation in the GPI apartment
- Helping with various small ad hoc jobs like filling up the coffee machines opposite reception.
- Some flexibility (if required) to cover on days while the other receptionist is on holiday.
- Ad hoc administrative tasks
- Arranging office access
- Participation in the first aid team
What we are looking for:
- Good communication skills, fluent in both English and Dutch (written and spoken)
- Environment and social awareness
- Steady internet/wifi connectivity when required to work remotely
- Based in The Netherlands (ideally in close proximity to the office - greater Amsterdam area)
- Proven 2 years of relevant work experience in an international environment.
- Flexibility to fill in case of sickness and holidays.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant stable professional attitude whilst under pressure
- Ability to work with telephone switchboard systems
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel, email)
- Experience with mailroom provision & various ad hoc back office activities.
- Current EHBO (Fire & Safety training) qualification is considered a plus (training provided if needed)
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
If you wish to apply for this part time position, you may send your CV and motivation letter (in English here).The deadline for applications is 16th August 2020)
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
For additional questions about the vacancy or the recruitment process, you can contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com.