Greenpeace International Global IT unit is seeking a talented Front-End Developer to join its new and growing web development team. The Global IT unit provides Global IT services to national and regional offices across Europe, the Americas, Asia & the Pacific and Africa.
This is a full-time position, based in either of established offices in the region of Czech Republic, Brazil, Greece or Poland.
As a Front-End Developer, you will be responsible for designing, building and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable front-end code. You will be working on the conception and rollout of a brand new version of Greenpeace flagship websites based on the Wordpress CMS. You will also be responsible for the creation of style guides and interactive prototypes and their integration as themes, as well as supporting the end users and resolve front-end related issues.
Your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Making decisions related to front-end code architecture and technical approach;
- Participating in the design discussion of new features and change requests;
- Translating requirements and mock-ups into fully functioning features using efficient and maintainable code;
- Building cross-browser solutions optimized for mobile devices;
- Identifying UI performance bottlenecks, propose and implement solutions;
- Continuously looking for ways to improve greenpeace.org and implement A/B tests;
- Writing unit tests in order to prevent visual and performance regressions;
- Writing documentation to facilitate collaboration and maintenance of the platform;
- Performing code review of 3rd party developed front-end code and make recommendation about possible improvements;
- Assisting end user technical questions and troubleshoot issues;
- Stay abreast of latest trends in front-end development and propose new idea to enhance usability and performance.
What we are looking for:
- A Bachelor degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related field is preferable.
- 5+ years experience with front-end web development, preferably on large applications or high traffic websites.
- Exceptional demonstrated skills with HTML5, CSS3, CSS pre-processors (Sass/Less), JS task runners (Grunt/Gulp), SMACSS and BEM
- Proven experience using Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to develop JQuery plugins and at least one JS front-end frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of web usability standards and cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Strong understanding of testing methodologies and test driven development.
- Excellent problem solving skills and a keen eye for details, especially for layout and typography.
- Ability to work as part of a remote team
- Commitment and drive to learn new methods and technologies.
- Excellent communication skills: Must be fluent in English (both verbal and written), an additional language is an advantage
What we offer:
- Being part of a stimulating, challenging international organisation committed to protect the planet
- Being a member of a fun and dedicated IT team, all striving to reach the same goals and supporting each other along the way
- An annual salary in line with an NGO
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
Want to join us? We would like to meet you!
Apply with your CV and Cover Letter (in English), telling us why you think you would be a great fit for this position before the 26th of February at 23:59!
Please contact our Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any additional questions about the vacancy or the recruitment process.
Please note: In order to aid to a fair recruitment process, we will only consider applications submitted via our website.