Greenpeace International (GPI) is seeking a proactive, organised and dedicated Executive Assistant, to join its international and multi-culturally diverse team. This is a full time position and an exciting opportunity to support two key teams at Greenpeace International, located in Amsterdam.
As an Executive Assistant, you will provide executive support and tactical guidance to the directors from both the Finance and HR Unit. We are looking for a self-starter and self-motivator, who is able to manage prioritisation of their workload and demands, coordinate interactions with the global organisation, support effective running of the department and engagement with relevant international networks/ communities.
Here is our challenge to you:
- Manage and run processes for prioritising the workload of the Directors and actively support the Director to meet their obligations;
- Provide executive support to the director by ensuring a smooth day-to-day running of the departments;
- Ensure high quality and strategic interactions between the Directors and the rest of the global organisation and support the director in maintaining productive working relationships with the National Regional Offices;
- Facilitate the preparation for mid and long term planning processes;
- Coordinate, produce and distribute pre-meeting briefing notes, background papers and/or internal and external reports, in order to ensure relevant materials are available on a timely basis;
- Maintain the global programme calendar in collaboration with other Executive Assistants and proactively highlight clashes and conflicts in order that they are resolved in a timely manner;
- Schedule and facilitate regular meetings, propose agendas and track follow ups as needed
- Manage department wide and cross-departmental administrative projects ensuring clear roles and responsibilities are outlined, goals and milestones are agreed and timelines are met;
- Create, monitor and manage unit budgets throughout the year in order to enable cost effectiveness and strategic expenditure;
- Line manage project staff and interns, in-line with the organisational aims and objectives;
- Maintain records for the Department, including keeping an updated intranet presence, with regular internal communication when necessary;
- Act as the first point of contact for internal and external queries/requests to the Director and keep informed of organisational developments in order to provide direct responses appropriately;
- Work alongside the Unit Heads and other relevant staff to coordinate programmes of training and capacity building for global network(s);
- Provide administrative support, organise travel, interviews, and appointments for the Director.
What we are looking for:
- 4 years+ experience of working in a similar role, of which a minimum of 1 year in an international organisation
- Experience in planning and monitoring complex projects
- Experience in working across borders and with multi-cultural teams
- Excellent time Management, Budget Management and Computer Skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Web Management, Database, etc.)
- Proven organisational skills, attention to details, and ability to prioritise and manage multiple priorities
- Have a high level understanding of confidentiality and working with confidential information
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Experience in working effectively to very tight deadlines and under stressful conditions
What we offer:
- Being part of a stimulating, challenging international organisation committed to protect the planet;
- Being a member of a fun and dedicated team, all striving to reach the same goals and supporting each other along the way;
- An annual salary in line with an NGO along with a benefits package that includes among others, contribution for health insurance and an OV Card that allows you to use all public transport within the Netherlands.
Greenpeace is an independent global campaigning network that acts to change attitudes and behaviour, to protect and conserve the environment and to promote peace. It consists of 26 independent national/regional organisations in over 55 countries across Europe, the Americas, Africa, Asia and the Pacific as well as a co-ordinating body (not headquarters) Greenpeace International. We are an organisation that has non-violence as a core value and smart risk taking is part of our identity.
Have you got what it takes to support our both the HR and Finance Directors? We would like to meet you!
Please apply before the 23rd of August at 23:59 (CEST) with your CV and Cover Letter in English.
Contact our Recruiter on email@example.com, should you have any additional questions about this vacancy or on this recruitment process.
Please note: In order to aid to a fair recruitment process, we will only consider applications submitted via our website.