Do you want to work with a team of enthusiastic and supportive data enthusiasts who love learning and exploring how data and technology can support Greenpeace's vital work globally?
Greenpeace International is looking to redefine the way data is handled in the organisation by scaling up its technology via the development of a secure data platform and implementation of cohesive data governance processes. The ambition of this project is to streamline, secure and standardise the ingestion and delivery of the heterogeneous Greenpeace data ecosystem.
The Global Engagement Department is looking for a Data Operations Engineer to contribute to the design, development and automation of global-scale data pipelines and services. In this role, your work will facilitate secure, scalable, self-service data science and insights work across Greenpeace International and empower data operators, departments, campaigners and leaders in every office and team around the world.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and developing modular, reusable pipeline components communicating with our BI system, engagement systems, messaging system, storage buckets and Big Query datasets.
- Designing and developing automatic Data Loss Prevention classification and the automatic Data Catalogue templates
- Developing pipeline CI/CD and orchestration software to maintain pipeline health
Successful candidate is expected to have:
- Shown experience in writing Python and NodeJS, focussed on data handling
- Experience in robust data platform design at scale
- Experience designing and operating real-time and batch data pipelines
- Experience in API design and development
- Experience in Infrastructure as Code (ideally Terraform)
- Strong skills in Google Cloud Platform's data tooling, including Google Cloud Function, PubSub, Cloud Tasks, BigQuery, Google Cloud Storage, Google IAM, Cloud KMS and CMEK and Secret Manager, Dataflow or Apache Airflow.
- A 1-year full-time contract starting in March 2021 (preferably)
- Possibility of extension to 2022
- Joining a team of data enthusiasts who love learning and discovering how data and technology can further Greenpeace's vital work across the globe
- Flexibility to work remotely with an international distributed team
- The successful candidate may be located in a country where one of the independent national/regional Greenpeace organisations (NROs) is located (subject to agreement). Please find here the various locations.
- The salary and benefits will depend on which National/Regional Greenpeace Organisation the candidate will be based at. More information is available upon request.
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
If you wish to be part of this fast-paced and exciting team, please send your CV and cover letter here. The applications close on 2nd March 2021, 23:59 CET, but please apply promptly as we will screen and interview the applicants on an ongoing basis.
For additional questions about this vacancy or the recruitment process, you can contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.