The Global HR team is seeking a detail-oriented Data Insights Manager to join their team. This exciting new position will be key to the Global HR team, helping to build common systems, recognise trends and interdependencies and ensure the data collected will drive, support and reinforce the culture sought after within Greenpeace.
This is a full time position for a period of 1 year.
As an analytical Data Insights Manager, you will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Prioritise organisational and information needs that inform data-driven decision making processes and development
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary and secondary sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Streamline and automate data collection and ensure reliable continuous data collection
- Design, build and implement systems and tools that allow Greenpeace to collate and analyse data
- Monitor the KPI’s and scorecards of relevant data to understand the performance and effectiveness of adopted tools and methodologies
- Locate and define opportunities for improvement in data collection tools and methodologies
- Utilise high-level communication skills to help decision makers to understand the importance and application of Insights to their teams
- Be a change agent - drive internal culture change, team process and organisation expectations around data-driven decision making
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports, both internally and externally
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.SC or University degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics OR relevant work experience
- Experience as data analyst/business data analyst – preferable in the HR field
- Strong analytical skills to collect, organise, analyse and disseminate data
- Good mathematical skills in order to estimate numerical data
- Critical thinking to come to new conclusions based on the findings
- Ability to manage complex cultural contexts in a global matrix organisation
- Experience of working in an international and culturally diverse environment.
- Excellent knowledge of BI and reporting tools, R, python, node, database, SQL, and statistical packages and experience with Google Big Data solutions is a pre.
- Knowledge or experience with machine learning and/or artificial intelligence is considered to be of added value.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written and preferably one other foreign language.
What you can expect from us:
- Being part of a stimulating, challenging international organisation committed to protect the planet
- Being a member of a dedicated HR team
- An annual salary in line with an NGO
- A benefits package that includes among others, contribution for health Insurance and an OV Card that allows you to use all public transport within the Netherlands
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognize and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organization and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic and would like to invite you
especially to apply!
Applications may be sent here. Deadline is 23rd of November 2018.
For additional questions about the vacancy or the recruitment process, you can contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.