The Legal team at Greenpeace International is seeking cover for the Associate Legal Counsel Organisation role for a period of six months during January - June 2020.
This role is based at our Amsterdam office where you will be working closely with our diverse legal team.
For more information about our legal team, please refer to: https://www.greenpeace.org/international/explore/about/legal/
In this role you will support and assist both the Senior Legal Counsel Organisation and Legal Counsel Organisation on issues and projects with a legal scope. The purpose of this role is to assist in protecting Greenpeace International’s organisation and assets and to further the objectives.
(Please see small print below)
What the job entails in a nutshell:
- Supporting the drafting and implementation processes of contracts and policies.
- Providing advice and support on entity housekeeping (governance and registration) for Greenpeace International and other Greenpeace entities. Organising translations and legalisation of documents.
- Supporting the management and protection of Greenpeace’s trademark and other intellectual properties according to defined policies and applicable laws.
- Assisting the development and provision of training for Greenpeace International staff and for the independent National and Regional Greenpeace Organisations on relevant legal topics.
- Supporting the development and management of legal information systems, legal intranet website, library and mailing lists, in order to ensure centralised and accessible legal information together with the Legal Coordinator.
- Other (para)legal support of the legal unit’s work as needed.
What we are looking for:
- University degree: master’s degree in law
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in Dutch law practice;
- Ability to develop, implement and manage projects;
- Fluent in written and spoken Dutch and English.
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
Do you want to be part of our legal team and make a difference? If so, you may send your CV and motivation letter here. Deadline is 8th December 2019 at 23h59pm CET.
For this position you must be located in, and be eligible to work in The Netherlands.
For additional questions about the vacancy or the recruitment process, you can contact our Recruitment team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Greenpeace International is an equal opportunity employer with a longstanding commitment of providing a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of each individual. We recognise and value the benefits and strengths that diversity brings to our employees and the whole organisation and we thrive in an environment that encourages respect and trust. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, colour, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic