The mission of the GPI Operations Department is to contribute to achieve Greenpeace’s Global Programme and Framework Objectives by providing advice, inspiration, guidance, oversight and support in the areas of actions, investigations, security and maritime operations.
Greenpeace International is seeking a Campaign Operations Advisor (Security), to join the Campaign Operations Unit.
This is a full-time position, to be based in any established Greenpeace Office.
Your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Cooperate with designated teams designing and delivering campaign strategies, and contribute strategic and operational advice on all levels;
- Identify and provide necessary support that Greenpeace’s National or Regional offices (NROs), groups of NROs (clusters) and International Campaign teams (Baskets) require to deliver high-quality, safe and secure Operational projects, and strategies;
- Manage and coordinate global resources for field operations that NROs and clusters require, to ensure that all field operations run as effectively and efficiently as possible;
- Contribute to risk assessment, inquisition, signoff and follow best practice protocols for legals and actions;
- Contribute to the roll out of Operational (Security) Best Practices and Smart Risk Taking experience across the organisation;
- Act as the link between Security and Engagement Strategy developments;
- Liaise with the Capacity Development team to identify Security capacity development needs of NROs & Clusters based on global programme priorities;
- Contribute to the Campaign Operations unit team building, skill-sharing knowledge and expertise;
- Participate in the relevant global programme planning and design process to ensure the effective inclusion of operational components;
As a Campaign Operations Advisor (Security), you will be part of a team, in which each member brings a specific expertise (yours being security), to provide guidance and support on all Greenpeace's operational topics to the organisation.
Even if your main focus will be Security, your expertise will allow you to actively contribute to the work of the team for all other Operations disciplines: actions (Greenpeace activities, including non-violent direct actions - NVDA), investigations and maritime operations. You will also ensure that Security is systematically integrated as a vital component of the relevant campaign plans and aligned with the Global Programme and Framework objectives.
- Extensive work experience in security and operations, which could be gained as a security manager, senior logistics/actions coordinator, senior campaigner, country coordinator or similar
- Experience of at least one other Operations discipline: actions, investigations or maritime work
- Demonstrable commitment to NVDA, protest and environmental/peace issues
- Experience and/or knowledge of the use of land/water/airborne (action) equipment
- Excellent project management and budget management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and analytic skills and experience in operating within an international and multicultural environment
- Excellent communication skills: Must be fluent in English (both verbal and written), an additional language is an advantage
- Ability to work effectively in a high-pressure environment and handling tight deadlines in stressful conditions
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
Interested? We would love to see you!
Please click here to apply before with your CV and Cover Letter (in English). The application deadline is the 29th of August at 23:59 (CEST).
Do not hesitate to contact our Recruiter, should you have any additional questions on the above.
Please note: In order to aid to a fair recruitment process, we will only consider applications submitted via our website.