Greenpeace International (GPI) is seeking an experienced Application Manager to join our team in Greenpeace Global IT. This is a position based at any established Greenpeace Office, with Amsterdam as the preferred location.
This full time role is for 1 year, and may be extended (subject to review).
We are looking for someone who enjoys thinking about what mix of tools would best serve our Greenpeace staff worldwide. More specifically, we are looking for someone who enjoys supporting the Greenpeace global campaign community by enhancing the global project management tool based on Smartsheet.
Together with the project management and change management specialist you will enable the campaign community to coordinate and support Greenpeace's global projects and programs; by doing so you will help with making a positive change around issues such as climate change, deforestation, ocean pollution and food supply.
Additionally you will act as a secondary application manager for one of the other productivity, collaboration or data products we support.
We need someone who can reach out to the organisation, understands its needs and is able to translate this into relevant application changes. A technical background is beneficial. Moreover you should be an excellent communicator that can support the Greenpeace community.
Do you fit this description?
- I am good at giving advice to staff how to best use their tools
- I have experience with productivity/collaboration tools, especially tools that support the project lifecycle
- I love to make data driven decisions and master the tools to do so
- I love communicating about exciting new IT developments that can help people in their work
- I am excellent in managing vendor relationships
- I am good at building relationships with people in different roles and seniority levels
- I fully support Greenpeaces' work and have a good idea of what their day to day challenges are
- I thrive within multicultural and cross-cultural environments
If so then we would like you to read on and apply for the Application Manager position at Greenpeace International.
- Deliver the short and long term vision of the product
- Analyse and identify user needs from the global campaign community
- Work with the vendor to understand and negotiate the current and future feature set
- Ensure that product releases / changes are well coordinated, fully documented, and the user community is kept fully informed at each stage of the release
- Coordinate user acceptance testing
- Coordinate problem solving processes
- Continuously assess product performance against usage and needs by means of analytics
- Own the basic / standard configuration of the product
- Coordinate with peer application / product managers to deliver integrated product solutions
- Communication of product features, capabilities, benefits and uses cases to show the potential of the product, encourage adoption and show added value to users.
- Ensure that up to date documentation covering the full range of product functionality, technical architecture, and process management is developed and maintained
- Build strong relationships with (and between) stakeholders, such as (key) users, domain experts and decision makers
What we are looking for:
- B.Sc. or University degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role
- Experience with Smartsheet, Trello, Asana, Jira or similar project management Saas tools
- Good understanding of project management methods (Scrum, Prince 2)
- Experience with Tableau, Google Data Studio or similar
- Preferably experience with API coding
- Preferably experience with Google's Big Data Analytics platform
- Experience with business analysis, software testing, documentation and training
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken, additional languages is a plus
- Experience with working in an international and culturally diverse environment
What we offer:
- Being part of a stimulating, challenging international organisation committed to protect the planet
- Being a member of a fun and dedicated international and diverse team, all striving to reach the same goals and supporting each other along the way
- An annual salary in line with an NGO
Greenpeace is taking action all over the world for our planet’s future. Our volunteers, activists and staff come from all corners of the globe, cover the age spectrum and come from all walks of life. What they all have in common is their commitment to working for a green and peaceful future for everyone. With creative local actions for the planet they positively affect their communities, their countries, and ultimately, the world at large.
Please apply with your CV and Cover Letter (in English), telling us why you think you would be a great fit for this position by 1 September 2019. You may apply here.
For additional questions about the vacancy or the recruitment process, you can contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com.
Greenpeace is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity and inclusion reflects our core organisational values and our moral values as human beings. We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining a diverse and talented community of volunteers, crew and staff and not to discriminate based on ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age or otherwise. You should not include these details or a photo in your application. The only requirement is that you are already legally allowed to work in one of the listed countries.